Scenario positions Edit
Poland is a major country in the 1936 scenario, the only one to allow a significant period of peace for the player to prepare his nation for war. Poland begins with a modest economy, but a sizable army.
Polish Army Edit
The Polish Army in 1936 was a large army, equivalent in numbers to many of the major military forces in the world, and greater than that of their primary threat: Germany. However, the army was almost entirely composed of infantry divisions, and attached brigades are sparse.
- Armia Pomorze in Danzig covering the Polish Corridor
- Armia Poznan in Poznan covering the center of the German frontier
- Armia Prusy in Torun covering East Prussia
- Armia Krakow in Cracow covering the southern end of the German frontier
- Armia Lodz in Lodz providing a western reserve force
- Armia Modlin in Lomza providing a northern reserve force
- Armia Warszawa in Warsaw providing a central reserve
- Armia Rezerwa in Lublin providing the bulk of strategic reserves
- Armia Lublin in Lublin providing an eastern reserve force
The Army has a limited number of skilled commanders, with two skill level 3 Major Generals, Prich and Rola-Zymierski (a Panzer Leader.) Top corps commanders are Lieutenant Generals Sikorski and Sosnkowski, both skill level 2. Sosnkowski has both Offensive Doctrine and Defensive Doctrine traits while Sikorski is a Logistics Wizard. Top army commander is Field Marshal Smigly-Ridz at skill level 1, but with Defensive Doctrine and Old Guard traits.
Polish Air Force Edit
The Air Force is small in quantity, especially considering the existing threats Poland faces. The force is based in Warsaw, where a level 6 airbase exists. Smaller level 3 and 4 airbases are maintained at Brest Litovsk, Danzig, Lida, Lodz, and Stanislawow.
- III/1 Dyon Brygady Poscigowej at Warsaw
- Air Defenses
The Air Force lacks capable commanders, their best being Lieutenant General Rayski and Major Generals Heller, Jarina, Kalkus, and Pawluc. All are skill level 1 and the only one with any notable trait is Heller, who is a Tank Buster.
- Polska Flota Wojenna at Danzig
Intelligence & Diplomacy Edit
Diplomatic Agreements Edit
- Non-Aggression Pacts with Germany, Greece, Romania, and the Soviet Union
- Independence Guarantee by France and Germany
- Independence Guarantee for Czechoslovakia and Romania
- Territorial Claims on the Soviet Union
Known Technology Edit
Poland begins 1936 with several areas of technological knowledge.
- Armor and Artillery
- Naval Vessels
- Land Doctrine (on Grand Battle Plan path)
- Naval Doctrine (not specialized yet)
- Air Doctrine
Poland's economy will only support two tech teams simultaneously, requiring Poland to plan carefully to complete important research.
- Industrial Capacity = 37 base, 37 effective
- Transport Capacity = 61
- Convoys = 0 transports or escorts; no active routes
- Energy = 1000
- Metal = 1000
- Rare Materials = 500
- Oil = 500
- Supplies = 500
- Money = 20
- Manpower = 275
- Nuclear Bombs = 0
Poland begins with the military in need of several upgrades and reinforcements to bring it up to date and strength. Total upgrade needs are over 200 IC while reinforcements require more than 40 for full rate.
Poland begins 1936 as a Paternal Autocrat form of dictatorship. While it is more democratic than authoritarian, it is so completely right wing that it does not qualify as a Democracy. Poland begins with no belligerence or dissent.
Poland's mix of slider positions makes it more difficult to have a cohesive strategy based on them.
- Democracy = 6 (somewhat democratic)
- Left-Right = 0 (completely right wing)
- Society = 3 (somewhat closed)
- Economy = 4 (balanced but leaning towards central planning)
- Army = 2 (generally drafted army)
- Militarism = 7 (generally hawkish)
- Interventionism = 5 (barely interventionist)
- Head of State Ignacy Moscicki (Stern Imperialist)
- Head of Government Marian Zyndram-Koscialkowski (Flamboyant Tough Guy)
- Foreign Minister Jozef Beck (General Staffer)
- Armaments Minister Tadeusz Kasprzycki (Military Entrepeneur)
- Security Minister Wladyslaw Raczkiewicz (Crime Fighter)
- Assistant Minister for Interrogation Felicjan Slawoj-Skladkowski (Efficient Sociopath)
- Assistant Minister of the Secret Police Kazimierz Switalski (Efficient Sociopath)
- Assistant Minister for Investigation Witold Grabowski (Crime Fighter)
- Assistant Minister for Civil Affairs Janusz Radziwill (Man of the People)
- Assistant Minister for Political Security Kazimierz Bartel (Back Stabber)
- Assistant Minister for Counter-Espionage Leon Joseph Baranski (Back Stabber)
- Intelligence Minister T. Pelczynski-Grzegorz (Logistics Specialist)
- Chief of Staff Edward Rydz-Smigly (Defensive Proponent)
- Chief of the Army Edward Rydz-Smigly (Infantry Proponent)
- Chief of the Navy Jerzy Swirski (Sealand Defense Proponent)
- Chief of the Air Force Jozef Zajac (Fighter Pilot)